Saturday, March 13, 2010

Food Photos

Okay, I always tease Serina about taking pictures of food. Last year, during our tour of the Netherlands, Serina took at lease 1000 pictures of food: our meals, snacks and more. Okay, maybe not 1000, but it was a lot! While we took pictures of paintings and architecture and more, Serina had the added pix to show her friends how good the food looked. (It was delicious as well!)

When I got asked by friends what we eat when we travel to Asia, I rethought my position about food photography. So here I go: When traveling abroad, we usually eat where our friends take us. Often we let them order as they want us to try something special. We have enjoyed fish, chicken and beef many different ways. From fancy restaurants to local treasures, we have enjoyed some great food. Right now, you have to take me word for it. Perhaps some photos would be of interest as well. So here I go: my first food diary. Forgive my poor shots. Many a time, we were well into our meal when I remembered I needed a photo!

(chicken with roasted garlic)

Mark chose this restaurant because for the simple reason he likes it. We enjoyed fish, chicken and a great soup. He told me it was made with Monkey Brains. Hmm

After a lot of grinning and discussion, Mark clarified it was Monkey Brain Mushrooms in the soup. What a difference a word makes! Mark is a funny man. Very pleased with his joke as you can see.

This is the biggest lazy susan I have every seen. We had sweet-and-sour fish, black tofu, pork, apple soda, Taiwan chilled tea and lots more.


I am so full!
Sincerely,
Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers