Friday, April 17, 2009

Hello Nagoya!

Dear Friends,
We have finished a great two day seminar in Nagoya. The students had been doing a lot of designing during the year. The review discussion was lively!








Setsuko has been David's translator for several years. Although not a artist, she is able to convey the emotion and heart of David's presentations very well.

This is the second year of design for Nagoya. They learned about Dutch, Chippendale and Rogaland designs elements and techniques. They are excited about this year"s homework.

Many ask what do I do during the seminars. Yes, I do go out walking. I enjoy "eye-shopping"(much to David's relief). But I spend a lot of time in the classroom ready to help David, preparing cerificates, and getting class supplies. Oh yes, and 3:00 is Ice Cream time! It is a delicious break.

Nagoya is a beautiful city. We visited the Tokugawa Garden on our last day. Kyoko, Yumiko and I have tea in the old Tokugawa family residence. Sugoyii!


Next stop: Tokyo!

Our Shinkansen arriving at the station. It is the bullet train to Tokyo that travels over 180 mph!
See you in Tokyo!
Sincerely,
David and Martha

1 comment:

  1. Hi, David & Martha

    I'm Hiroko

    I appreciate your hard work today.

    I had happy time thank you so much.


    See you next year!




    Good Night ZZZZZZZZ......

    ReplyDelete

Followers